NIGERIA’s SECURITY NOW WEARS A NEW FACE; ARMY, NAVY,AIR FORCE.
Nigeria’s security now fears a new face under the administrative head of recently appointed Major-General Leo Irabor, as Chief of Defence Staff. Meet his team the new heads of Army, Navy and Air Force.
The new chiefs were named to take over duty, following the approval of the resignation of former service chiefs and their retirement from service. Find here their profiles:-
Chief of Defense Staff:-Major- General Leo Irabor.
• Hails from the south, Delta State.
• A member of Regular Course 34 of the Nigerian Defense Academy.
• Once the Theater Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole.
• He was Commander, Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC). • Was born on October 5,1965.
Chief of Army Staff:- Major- General Ibrahim Attahiru.
• Born August 10, 1966.
• He is from Kaduna north Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
• A member of the Regular Course 35 of the Nigeria Defense Academy. ,
• He was the General Officer Commander 82 division of the Nigerian Army Enugu.
• He was also a former Theater Commander of the Operation Lafiya Dole.
He took over from Major -General Leo Irabor.
Chief of Navy staff:- Rear Admiral Awwal Zubaru.
• He was born on April 22, 1966.
• He hails from Nasarawa Local Government Area of kano State. • He joined the Nigerian Navy on September 24,1984 as a member of the Regular Course 36.
• He was commissioned Sub- Lieutenant on September 24,1988. • An underwater warfare specialist with a sub-specialization in intelligence until his new appointment. He was the Director, Procurement at the Defense Space Administration.
• He holds a PhD in Transport Management, and a Master Degree in Transport Management ( logistic option), all from Ladoke Akintola University.
• He has been awarded the Grand Service Star, a distinguished service award.
• He has to his credit other several decorations and awards.
Chief of Air Staff:- Air-Vice Marshal Isiaka Oladayo Amao
• He was born on the 14 September 1965 in Enugu
• He hails from Oshogbo Local Government Area of Osun State. • He joined the Nigerian Air Force on 19 January 1984 as a member of 35 Regular Course of the Nigerian Defense Academy and was commissioned as Pilot Officer on 20 December 1986.
• His primary flying training began at 301 Flying Training School, F.T.S Kaduna, from 1984 to 1989.
• His basic flying training was at 303 F.T.S Kano from 1990 to 1992 and Tactical Fighter Training at 99 Air Combat Training Group (99 A.C.T.G) Kainji, from 1999.
• He attended the Instructor Pilot Course at 301 F.T.S Kaduna from 2004 to 2005.
• He has attended several other junior and senior division trainings; as well as other high caliber defense courses at National Defense University China.
• He has attended Accident Investigation course in civil airline at NCAT Zaria and Aircraft Accident Investigation course at Karachi, Pakistan.